Hey, It has been awhile since I have had time to share any recipes with you guys. I have been brainstorming a bunch of ideas for Valentines day though. Hopefully I have time to complete them and share them with you. Right now I have a perfect dessert for either Valentines Day or whenever you would like. The tart I am sharingis made up of a chocolate shortbread crust. The cookie crust is filled with raspberry jam and chocolate ganache. It is topped off with fresh raspberries and dusted with powered sugar.
If you are in the mood for a rich and decedent dessert, this one is for you!
Chocolate Raspberry Tart
- 3/4 Cup +1 Tbs Vegan Butter, Separated
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tbs Milk Alternative
- 2/3 Cup Raspberry Jam
- 1 1/2 Pints Fresh Raspberries
- A pinch of powdered sugar (optional)
- 2 Tbs White Chocolate (Optional)
- The first part of creating this decadent tart is by beginning with the chocolate cookie crust. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Place cocoa, flour, salt, and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Mix on a low speed until combined. Cut small cubes from 3/4 Cup of the cold butter and add it to the bowl along with the vanilla extract. Begin mixing at a low speed until the dough is combined. Remove the dough from the bowl and press it evenly into a large tart pan, making sure to spread dough to edges. Bake tart shell in oven for about 20 min. Once the tart is done baking, remove from oven and let cool until room temperature.
- Once the tart shell has cooled remove it from the tart pan and evenly fill with 2/3 Cup of raspberry jam.
- You will need a small sauce pan to make the ganache filling. Over a low heat add the chocolate chips and 1 TBS of butter to the pan. Mix frequently until the chips have melted. Once a creamy consistency, add the milk while continuing to mix. When combined pour the ganache over the jam filling into the tart. Using a flat spatula or butter knife spread the ganache evenly across the tart. Refrigerate the tart until the ganache thickens.
- After the ganache solidifies cover the top of the tart with fresh raspberries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with melted white chocolate for garnish if desired.