Need a great appetizer for your next gathering? Well this recipe is the perfect one. It will also satisfy the tastebuds of your meat eater friends too. Food for all! This recipe is great to indulge in while watching your favorite game or binge watching game of thrones. You can adjust the hotness to your taste. Enjoy it served hot with celery sticks, crackers, or chips. I can imagine it also being tasty as a spread on a sandwich or served over tacos. Now I am hungry!
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
Makes about 2 1/2 cups of dip
- 1 Container of Tofutti cream cheese
- 1 Cup of Vegan cheddar ( I used Daiya)
- 1 Tbs Nutrional yeast
- ½ Cup Organicville dairy free ranch dressing
- ½ Cup Dairy free milk
- 5 Tbs Hot sauce ( or to taste)
- 1 Can drained chickpeas
- Items for dipping (Celery, Crackers, Chips)
- In a medium sauce pan, add all of your ingredients except for the chickpeas. Stir over a medium heat until ingredients are melted and mixed together.
- Let the mix cook for about fifteen minutes, mixing frequently.
- While your sauce is cooking, prepare your chickpeas. Put drained chickpeas into a food processor and pulse until the chickpeas have ben broken down into small chunks. Be careful not to over process. We do not want a creamy consistency.
- Once your chickpeas are ready they should be added to the sauce mix. Continue cooking until the mixture is hot and and creamy. Serve hot!