Good morning! I have a yummy breakfast in store for you today! How about some almond joy inspired muffins???? Sounds great to me. These muffins are super chocolatey with a hint of almond flavoring. They are loaded with organic coconut flakes and mini chocolate chips. You could spice it up by adding some crushed almond pieces or some coconut extract. I used what I had on hand and they were a huge hit. Ready or not here come the muffins!
Vegan Almond Joy Muffins
Makes about 12 muffins in a standard size cupcake pan.
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbs Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Canola oil
- 1 2/3 Cups Water
- 1/2 Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Coconut
- 2 Tsp Almond extract
Variations – Crushed almond pieces or coconut extract.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Mix on a low speed just until incorporated.
- Next, add the vinegar, oil, water, and almond extract into the a same bowl. Beat the batter for about 2 minutes or until batter is smooth.
- Add the coconut and chocolate chips to the batter and mix on medium just until blended.
- Line the cupcake pan with paper liners. They can be made into mini or jumbo sized muffins. You will just need to adjust the time. I would spray the liners as my muffins stuck to the papers a little bit, but thats optional.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 of the way. Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes or until a clean fork test has been done. If you are making mini muffins start with less time and if you are making jumbo will likely have to add some time.
- eat these muffins warm out of the oven or store them at room temp. They should stay for at least few days. They freeze well too.