I am super excited to writing this blog post for many reasons. Here’s the list of things that are increasing my happiness level today! 1) I just made and ate the amazing ice cream sandwiches this post was created for. 2) The weather outside is absolutely incredible. 3) Game Of Thrones season premiere is on tonight. 4) I started the seedlings for my organic garden. 5) I am typing this post with my new ipad keyboard. Tons of fun things!
Anyways, let’s talk more about these yummy ice cream sandwiches. I know it isn’t summer yet, but ice cream is magical. After grilling my lunch, I decided today was a nice day for a cheat dessert. So, here is the yummy recipe for soft cookies that stay thin enough to make the perfect cookie sandwiches. After all, you wouldn’t want to break a tooth on the cookie if you’re keeping your left overs in the freezer.
Vegan Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 2 1/2 C Flour
- 3/4 C Brown sugar
- 3/4 C Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 C Earth Balance “Butter” at room temp.
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 Tbs Cold water
- 2 C Mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 Gallon vegan ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugars, salt, and baking soda.
- Once they have been evenly combined then add the butter, vanilla, and water. Beat the mix ona medium speed until the batter is well blended.
- Add 1 1/2 C of the chocolate chips, and mix the batter at a low speed until just incorporated. Reserve the other 1/2 cup of chips.
- Roll your batter into small balls that are about the size of a cherry. Place them on a well greased cookie sheet about an inch apart from each other. Once you have rolled all your cookies into the same size balls, lightly press them down. This will make sure that the cookie is thin for you sandwiches. Don’t press down on the batter too much or the cookie will end up too thin.
- Bake your cookies for 9-11 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove your cookies from the sheet pan and let cool completely. You may even want to refrigerate them for a little bit.
- Fill each cookie sandwich with a scoop of ice cream, and roll the sides in the reserved mini chips. Serve as is or freeze them for later. Yummy!