It’s that time of week again, weekly pizza night! Last night I made my pizza in a less traditional style. I made my pizza into bite size balls. These balls would be great as an appetizer, meal, or to bring to a party. They tasted great fresh out of the oven or at room temp. If you’re looking for a tasty snack, try these pizza balls!
Vegan Pizza Balls
Makes about 26 – 30 mini balls.
- 1 Cup warm water
- 1 Packet of active dry yeast
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Package of Lightlife “pepperoni”
- 1 Bag of Daiya Cheese
- 1 Cup of Pizza sauce
- Canola Spray
- 2 Tbs “Parmesan”
- A inch of black pepper
- A pinch of dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and spray a 13 X 9 pan with canola oil.
- Prepare you dough by combining the warm water and instant dry yeast in a bowl. Let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Place the remainder of you dough ingredients into a mixing bowl, starting with the dry items first. Lastly, add the water mixture into the bowl as well. Beat with with a dough hook on a medium speed for a few minutes or until well combined. Be careful not to over work the dough.
- On a floured surface roll out your dough, leaving it about 1/4 inch thin. Use a round cookie cutter to make circles in the dough. I used the top of a mason jar to cut my shapes. Continue cutting out the shapes until all the dough is used up.
- Take your circles and stretch them out a bit. Be careful not to put holes in the them. Place one piece of pepperoni in the center. Top that with about 1 Tbs of your cheese alternative, and follow that with a second slice of pepperoni. Fold the edges of the circle in towards the center, covering the filling. Gently squeeze your dough into a ball. Place your prepared balls side by side in your pan.
- Brush on a thin layer of olive oil over your balls. Sprinkle them with the parmesan, pepper, and basil.
- Bake the pizza balls in the over for about 26-30 minutes. Serve the balls with a side of sauce. Yum!