I haven’t posited lately as I have been sick. 😦 however, I have a very special treat for you this morning. I’d say anything involving bacon (vegan obvi) is great! Bacon + pancake + maple syrup = amazing! Let’s get to this recipe!
Vegan Bacon Pancake Dippers
- 1 package of Upton’s seitan bacon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 dairy free milk
- 2 Tbs vinegar
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 Tsp baking soda
- 3/4 Tsp backing powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 3 Tbs Sugar
- Maple syrup
- Canola spray
- Heat your pan on a low heat while you mix your batter. In a greased pan, you can add your bacon to the pan to cook a little bit. I cooked my bacon on a “2” knob setting.
- Start by adding all of your dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and combine them.
- Next add your wet ingredients and mix with a whisk just until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Remove most of your bacon and set aside. You will likely only be able to cook a few dippers at a time. I cooked mine in increments of 3.
- Spray your pan with more oil and pour your batter over the bacon strips. It may be easier to form your strip shapes if you transfer your batter to a squeeze bottle or a cup with a spout. It may take you a few tries to get the shape right. Keep in mind that the batter spreads!
- Cook the dippers on a low – med heat until the sides begin to change color. This should only take a couple minutes. Flip your dippers and let cook for another minute or two.
- Serve with a side of maple syrup to dip your pancakes in. Wah-la! Yum time!