I have come to the conclusion that warm weather may never show it’s face around these parts. Tomorrow is the first day of spring, and last I heard there was snow in the forecast! That sounds like some bad news to me. However, this stew is hearty and warms the insides. It is rich in flavor, and filled with healthy chunks of veggies. Now, that’s some good news.
Vegan Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Serves 2-3 ( It can easily be doubled)
- 1 bag of Gardein beef less tips or seitan cut into chunks.
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots, chopped
- 2 Potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 Tsp Worchestire sauce
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- In your Crockpot combine all ingredients listed above and mix.
- Set your crock pot to low and let cook for 6-8 hours. Potatoes and carrots should be tender.
- Before serving make sure you remove the bay leaf! Enjoy!