I have so many festive Irish dishes to share! This dish was creamy, and the perfect side dish to eat with leprechauns. I’m sure your real life human pals would enjoy it as well. This is a great side for all year round. I served it with Gardein “beef”, and roasted broccoli. Find out what you will need below!
Vegan Scalloped Cabbage
- 1 small – med head of cabbage cut into small chunks
- 1 1/4 Cup Dairy Free milk
- 3 Tbs Flour
- 1 Tbs Dairy free butter
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 1/2 Vegan cheese. I used an even mix of Daiya cheddar and mozzarella.
- 1 Tbs Nutritional yeast
- 1 Cup Crushed Ritz style crackers. ( You can get all natural and organic options at Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil your cabbage chunks for about 10-12 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- In a separate small pot, add the milk, flour, butter, salt, pepper, 1 cup of cheese, and nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Strain your cabbage and add it to a greased 13 x 9 pan. Pour the cream mixture over and toss to incorporate.
- Top you cabbage mix with the crushed crackers.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.