Happy St. Patrick’s day everyone! I have some great cookies to add to the list of Irish themed meals I will be coking all week. These yummy cookies are baked with Irish oats, and are inspired by the flavors of Irish soda bread. They have a soft citrus aroma that will tickle your taste buds just right. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Vegan Irish Oatmeal Cookies
Yields about 24 16 cookies
- 1 Cup of dairy free butter such as Earth Balance at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Quick Irish oatmeal
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Orange extract
- 1 Tbs Ener-g egg replacer
- 4 Tbs Water
- 3/4 Cup Rasins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by beating the butter for a minute or two to soften.
- Next add your sugars, flour, salt, oats, and baking soda. Mix until incorporated, but still chunky.
- Next add the rest of ingredients. Mix by hand or with a mixer until the batter is thick and and evenly mixed.
- It is easiest to use a small ice cream scoop to keep your cookies uniform. On a large greased cookie sheet, place your schooled batter on the sheets. Leave room for spreading in the oven.
- Press down on each cookie dough ball a bit to help with their round shape.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes.