Hello everyone, I am very excited about this tater tot casserole! It was so yummy. It was hearty and comforting. This meal really hit the spot. I hope you enjoy it as much I did. It’s a great meal to share with friends. It’s unique and it has your “meat”, potatoes, and veggies all in one heavenly mixture. Here is my latest kitchen creation.
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Bag of Beyond Meat feisty meat crumbles
- 3 Cups Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 Cup Daiya Cheddar style shreds
- 3 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbs All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Dairy Free Milk
- 1 Tbs Ketchup
- 24 Oz Tater Tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start off by sautéing the onion over low heat for about 5 minutes in a large skillet. Once the onion starts to get soft, add your chopped pepper. Cook covered until both the onion and pepper are soft.
- When the veggies are cooked, add the meat crumbles and cook for about 10 minutes until the the crumbles have cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prep the sauce in a medium stock pot. Add the mushroom soup, Daiya shreds, nutritional yeast, flour, and milk. Whisk to incorporate and bring to a boil. Once the mixture has come to boil lower the heat and let cook for about 10 minutes. Whisk mixture frequently.
- In an oiled 9 inch rectangular pan spread the meat and veggie mix. Evenly top the mixture with tater tots and cover with the sauce.
- Bake in the oven uncovered for about 35 minutes or until tots have tanned.