Hey all, I have been coming up with some great ideas for some veganized St. Patty’s Day recipes. This recipe is based on the Shamrock shake that McDonald’s carries around this time of year. I have never had a shamrock shake myself, but it sure sounds yummy. The taste testers of my vegan version approved of it’s vey similar taste to the McDonald’s version. It’s scrumptious and way better for you then the one you’d get a t a fast food place. The recipe is super easy. Check it out below, and you’ll have green lips in no time.
Vegan Mint Shake
- 1 1/4 Cups of Vanilla dairy free ice cream
- 2/3 Cup of Dairy free milk
- 1/2 Tsp Mint extract
- 3 Drops of green food coloring ( See note)
- In a blender add your ice cream and milk. Blend on high until well incorporated.
- Once the mixture is smooth ad your extract and food coloring. Blend the mix again. Transfer your shake to a glass, and enjoy.
Note: I don’t consume artificial food coloring. If you also don’t like them, then you can either opt out of the dye or check out a natural foods store. They natural food coloring there.