I could not have been more pleased with this weeks pizza results. I’d say this pizza flavor combo blew my little tastebud’s minds. If you love pizza as much I as do then you want to try this out. Also, feel free to join us in our weekly pizza fun. Find out how below!
- 1 Prepared Pizza crust
- 2 1/2 Tbs Olive oil, divided
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 4 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 12 Tbs Minced garlic
- 5 Grape or cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 Slices Baconless bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Package of Daiya Gouda Cheese, shredded or cut into thin pieces.
- Preheat oven as directed by you recipe or packaged dough.
- Heat up 1 Tbs of Olive oil in a frying pan over low heat. The oil should only take a couple of minutes to heat up.
- Once heated add your chopped onion, and cook until tender. The should take about 10 minutes, and the onions should be stirred occasionally.
- Once the onions have become soft, add the balsamic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture until onions are evenly coated. Let this mixture reduce over amed heat until the mixture thickens.
- When the onions have reached their caramelized state then set aside.
- Once you have your dough prepared as directed by package or recipe, then you can start covering the crust with the remainder of your olive oil and your minced garlic.
- Next, cover you pizza with an even layer of cheese. Keep in mind that the cheese melts and spreads very well.
- Next add your bacon, prepared onions, and slice tomatoes.
- Cook the pizza according to your directions or util the cheese has melted, and you crust has turned a light brown.
Here’s the details on the weekly pizza. Once a week for the rest of the year I will celebrate my love for pizza by creating a new pizza flavor combo. If you love pizza I encourage you to join in the fun. I post my pics weekly on my instagram ( Miss_Vegan ) and on my Facebook . Tag your pics with the hashtag #weeklypizza and join in the fun.