Hey all, I have the down low on the scrumptious cornbread that I posted about last night. I was in the mood for a hearty and warming meal to satisfy my hungry belly. I decided on some freshly baked cornbread and a bowl of spicy bbq pineapple chili. If you’re looking for the perfect cornbread to add to your meal then your search stops now.
- 1 Tbs Vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Dairy free milk
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk your wet ingredients together. You may also use a mixer if you prefer.
- In a separate bowl mix your dry times together until well incorporated.
- Combine you wet and dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In an oiled 7 x 9 or 8 x 8 baking pan spread your batter evenly.
- Bake in oven for about 35-40 minutes or until a clean prick test occurs.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.