I love one dish dinners. It’s great to be able to throw all of your dinner needs into one pan. This dish can be made as spicy as desired. Myself, I don’t do well with spice, but it’s a great and hearty meal either way.
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 2 packs of Upton Naturals Chorizo Seitan (See Note)
- 1 Can of Refried Black Beans
- 6 What Tortillas
- 1 1/2 Cups of Vegan Cheddar
- 1 1/2 Tbs Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 Tofutti or other Vegan Sour Cream
- Hot sauce (Optional)
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1/2 C Chopped Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sauté the chopped onion with the olive oil in a large frying pan over low to medium heat.
- Once the online is tender add the seitan and the black beans. Mix until week incorporated and heat for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the spices and wet ingredients. Whisk until all of the clumps have dissolved.
- In a deep round or rectangular roasting pan start with a layer of the liquid mix. On top of that place a tortilla wrap. You can leave them whole or tip them up. Whatever works best for your style pan. I used a round pan, therefore it made sense for me to leave them whole.
- After that you can add a layer of the bean mix and then a sprinkle of cheese. Repeat the layers in that order until you run out of mixes.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes.
- Serve topped with lettuce and tomatoes.
Note: If you choose to use a different meat alternative then you may want to add more taco seasoning and maybe some salt. The chorizo style seitan adds plenty of salt and seasoning.