Broccoli Ranch Mashed Red Potatoes (vegan)
These mashed potatoes really hit the spot. The texture of the broccoli really adds to the potatoes along with the subtle taste of ranch. Top them off with some cheddar and YUM! I must add that all of my recipes will follow a vegan lifestyle, but most can easily be made conventional by switching up things like vegan cheese for regular. However you prefer your food, enjoy!
- 8 Small – medium red potatoes1 Cup of broccoli florets
- 1/2 Cup dairy free ranch dressing
- 1/4 Cup of dairy free milk. I used rice milk.
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Cheddar
- I chose not to peel my potatoes as it would add to the texture along with the broccoli, but start off peeling if you so choose to. Cut your potatoes into quarters and put into a pot of cold water over medium- high heat. Boil the potatoes until they tender when punctured with a fork. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam or blanch your broccoli florets in a small pan. This should take about 3 – 6 minutes, depending on your preferred tenderness. I prefer mine rather soft.
- When the potatoes are done, place them into a stand mixer or into a bowl that you can use a masher with. Add the the broccoli, ranch, salt, and pepper then mix.(The potatoes tend to get cold once all the ingredients are added. If you’d like you may want to heat up the milk and dressing before adding to the bowl to keep the dish as hot as possible.)
- Slowly add the milk and watch the texture of the potatoes. you may need to use a little extra or a little less milk. Once your potatoes are nice and fluffy serve them with cheddar on top and enjoy!.