A good sweet BBQ sauce always gets me. I have a particular favorite, and I always have about 3 bottles back up in my kitchen. This dish also adds sweetness with juicy pineapple. This recipe makes for a great protein to any dish. Pick your favorite sides and you have a hearty and healthy meal. In the pic I had made ranch broccoli mashed potatoes. Check out that recipe here. If you aren’t familiar with tempeh, it’s truly great. Tempeh is made up of fermented soy beans and is often used as a meat substitute.
- 2 Packages of tempeh
- 3/4 Cup of your favorite bbq Sauce
- 1 can of pineapple chunks drained
- Preheat you oven to 350 degrees.
- Start off by cutting your tempeh into cubes or small triangles.
- In a bowl add the tempeh, the bbq sauce, and pineapple chunks and mix well. If you have the time you can let the mix marinate or prepare it the day before. I never think to make it in advance, and therefore I am always immediately putting it right into the oven.
- Next put the tempeh onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and cook for about 25 minutes. With a spatula flip tempeh about 15 minutes into cook time.